Saturday, March 30, 2019

Where Has Family Time Gone?

     

     Gone are the days that we all look after each other. Gone are the days when neighbors helped each other. Gone are the days when the young help the old and gone are the days when the children help and take care of their parents. In 2014 there were 15,640 nursing homes in the US. I’m sure this number has increased as the rate of elderly people that can’t live alone has increase and the families that take care of them at home have decreased.

     The world is getting so crazy and busy that nobody has time for one another anymore. We spend our time raising our children and once they are grown and have their own busy lives we barely see them. Sometimes their paths take them far away from us and sometimes they stay relatively close. It’s sad that we’ve become a nation that is too busy for family anymore.

     I remember summer trips to visit my grandmother or trips to the family reunion. Now that she’s gone we haven’t had a family reunion or even had family get-togethers. The only time we all get together anymore is at funerals. Funerals shouldn’t be the only time family gets together. I miss spending time with my cousins and the rest of my crazy family. My father and my uncle used to end up being the entertainment with their crazy antics. I don’t know what was funnier, my Dad’s antics or my uncle laughing at them.

How many of you still have family reunions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Handmade Sellers are Embracing Eco-friendly Products

     People are becoming more conscious of their impact on the environment. More people are striving toward a zero-waste lifestyle and ...