Friday, February 22, 2019

Juli's Story

  I love to be creative, and it is my therapy. I realized at one point that I couldn’t possibly use everything I created, even though I love each piece, and I could only gift so much. I decided to start selling some of my creations so that they could bring joy to someone else and it helps to support my habit. It is essential for me to make a quality product that brings joy and meaning to people. I love it when one of my creations finds a forever home and brings joy to someone. Every product is made with love and a vision of someone that will love and treasure it. I like to visualize that person using and enjoying the item they purchased or received as a gift.
     My mother was a very crafty and creative person. I loved watching her create and yearned to jump in there with her. I didn’t share the same creative talents as her so creating together didn’t work out well. I found my talent in beading because I had a passion for jewelry as a teen. We did find a project we could work together on when I was in my 20’s. I asked her to make me a quilt, and she decided I was going to make it with her help. Not long after we finished it, she was diagnosed with cancer and passed away. I still have that quilt, and it means more to me because we made it together. Her loss threw me into depression, and I used crafting to help pull me out of it and keep me closer to her through the talents of creativity that she passed down to me. I have made it a point to support my children’s creative nature and spend time creating with them. I now craft with my bestie/business partner Dee Dee and often my granddaughter. She started crafting with me at the age of 5, and I believe she will go farther than I ever dreamed I could go.
     My mission is to bring beauty to my customers and their homes or help them find the perfect gift that brings the same to the recipient. I feel that everyone deserves to experience that special feeling of joy that a unique quality purchase or gift can bring. We all want to feel beautiful and have our homes show our personality. I think a handmade item is the most unique way to do this. I feel I was given these creative talents so that I could share and bring joy to someone else’s life.
     I have had many failed ideas and projects over the years, and I just pull them apart and create something new. I have had a couple of failed Etsy shops through the years and learned from them. With each failure something new and better is born. I don’t look at these as failures but as lessons for greatness.

Juli

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Handmade Sellers are Embracing Eco-friendly Products

     People are becoming more conscious of their impact on the environment. More people are striving toward a zero-waste lifestyle and ...